PR and Media Specialist
Position Type: Contract (2 months)
Location: Downtown Toronto
Start Date: Immediately
Swim Drink Fish is looking for a Public Relations and Media Specialist to help raise the profile of our summer campaign. The ideal candidate will have experience in a relative field with existing media relations.
- Work with Communications and Marketing Manager to oversee organization communications strategies and goals
- Develop a media work plan, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Coordinate public relations activities
- Leverage existing media relationships
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results
- Maintain a current understanding of relevant environmental landscape
- Work with Communications and Marketing Manager as well as other Initiative Managers to develop and deploy events
- Proven working experience in public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Existing relationships with both local and national media outlets
- Exceptional writing skills
- Experience in environmental and nonprofit public relations is preferred but not essential
- Experience in CRM management preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Email the following information to email@example.com with the subject “PR and Media Specialist - Your Name”
- A cover letter that describes how you meet the qualifications above and why you would make a great addition to the Swim Drink Fish team
- Your resumé, highlighting relevant education and work experience.
- Names and contact information for two references.
Swim Drink Fish Canada is committed to having a skilled, diversified workforce reflective of the Toronto community, and to the equitable representation of women, aboriginal peoples, and members of a visible minority group.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrived and candidates contacted for an interview. Due to the volume of applications we received, we can only respond to those candidates selected for an interview.
ABOUT SWIM DRINK FISH CANADA
SWIM DRINK FISH CANADA is a growing charity working for a swimmable, drinkable, fishable future. Our programs bring together law, science, culture, and digital media in order to connect and empower people to restore polluted places, protect human health, and promote thriving natural spaces. www.swimdrinkfish.ca