Communications & Marketing Manager
Swim Drink Fish Canada is seeking a Communications and Marketing Manager to help us achieve our vision of swimmable, drinkable, fishable water for everyone. The Communications and Marketing Manager will use their skills in networking, media relations, writing and planning to help us achieve our goal of building a national movement of active, informed, and engaged individuals working to ensure their communities can swim, drink, and fish forever.
Reporting the the Vice President, the Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for the following:
Marketing & Partnerships
- Liaising with corporate partners and sponsors
- Providing marketing advice and assistance to executives and program staff working with partners and sponsors
- Planning and executing the organization’s year-end online donation appeal
Communications & Branding
- Managing media relations and speaker requests
- Developing event messaging and providing speaker support and guest list management for SDF Canada events
- Management of internal and external communications plans
- Final review of communications materials to ensure brand consistency across all programs
- Managing the organization's social media channel strategy
- Management of mass communications to members of the Swim Drink Fish Community on behalf of Waterkeeper and Corporate divisions
- Assisting in the update of websites and social channels, as necessary, to ensure adherence to brand guidelines
- Developing presentation materials, scripts, offering descriptions for Great Lakes Guide, Swim Guide, Gala and other programs as needed
Applications will be considered from candidates who have all of the following qualifications:
A minimum of three years experience in public relations, marketing, communications, or a similar field;
- Experience managing partnerships, sponsorships, or accounts (experience in the outdoor/ recreation or healthy lifestyle sectors is particularly helpful);
- Ability to generate high quality written and visual presentations that explain the value and impact of programs or products;
- Experience planning and/or executing social media, email, and other digital engagement campaigns and using relevant email tools (e.g., Mailchimp, Pardot);
- Experience using Squarespace (or similar CMS), Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and social media management software;
- Ability and desire to work as part of a close-knit team working for social good.
Other desirable skills and abilities
- A passion for protecting our waterways
- Enthusiasm for the social impact sector
- A team player, with a positive attitude who is cooperative, and helpful
- French language skills an asset
- Experience with Salesforce an asset
How to Apply
The first step is to submit a message to us using the form below. Tell us a bit about yourself and your previous work experience. Explain how you satisfy the mandatory qualifications listed above.
Feel free to be casual - this is your chance to introduce yourself to us. Candidates with the required qualifications will be contacted.
Note: This position may be funded with support from the ECO Canada green careers program. In the space provided, please indicate whether you are:
- 30 years of age or younger
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have refugee status
- have post-secondary education (minimum 2-year diploma)
Candidates who do not meet these ECO Canada criteria are also welcome to apply.
Swim Drink Fish Canada was founded in 2001 to connect people with water. We inspire people to know and safeguard their local waters by creating platforms based on law, science, education and communications technology. Our flagship programs are Lake Ontario Waterkeeper, Swim Guide, and Watermark Project. They serve 1.8-million users.
Swim Drink Fish Canada is committed to having a skilled, diversified workforce reflective of the Toronto community, and to the equitable representation of women, aboriginal peoples, and members of a visible minority group.