Finance & Grants Coordinator
Position Type: Part-time, permanent
Location: Downtown Toronto
Start Date: After July 3
Swim Drink Fish Canada is looking for a new team member to oversee day-to-day financial management at our growing charity. This is the perfect job for someone who wants to contribute to a swimmable, drinkable, fishable future and has experience in bookkeeping, financial management, and/or grants management in the nonprofit sector.
As the Finance Coordinator, you will:
- Receive donations and payments from supporters, input them into our database, and process donation receipts
- Coordinate bill payments and handle vendor relations
- Maintain financial information files (hard copy and digital), ensuring confidentiality and security of the information
- Understand the organization’s budget, coordinate budget reports for foundations, sponsors, and program staff as needed
- Help to develop the annual budget and new project budgets as needed
- Provide information and instructions to the bookkeeper, including payroll updates
- Prepare monthly reports to the Treasurer, answer questions, and work with the Treasurer and Vice President to ensure appropriate financial oversight
- Help to prepare financial reports for quarterly board meetings
- Coordinate the annual audit process and CRA filings
- Help out with other finance and grant-related tasks as needed
Suitable candidates will have received formal training in bookkeeping, accounting, finance, or similar and be familiar with Quickbooks. Salesforce knowledge is an asset. They will have at least 3 years experience in a similar position in the charitable sector, including experience preparing financial reports for grants. A desire to create a swimmable, drinkable, fishable future is essential.
How to Apply
Email the following information to email@example.com with the subject “Finance Coordinator - Your Name”
- A cover letter that describes how you meet the qualifications above and why you would make a great addition to the Swim Drink Fish team
- Your resumé, highlighting relevant education and work experience.
- Names and contact information for two references.
Swim Drink Fish Canada is committed to having a skilled, diversified workforce reflective of the Toronto community, and to the equitable representation of women, aboriginal peoples, and members of a visible minority group.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrived and candidates contacted for an interview. Due to the volume of applications we received, we can only respond to those candidates selected for an interview.
About Swim Drink Fish Canada
SWIM DRINK FISH CANADA is a growing charity working for a swimmable, drinkable, fishable future. Our programs bring together law, science, culture, and digital media in order to connect and empower people to restore polluted places, protect human health, and promote thriving natural spaces. www.swimdrinkfish.ca