Swim Drink Fish Canada is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant to help us achieve our vision of swimmable, drinkable, fishable water for everyone. The Administrative Assistant will use their organizational, communications and problem-solving skills to help us achieve our goal of building a national movement of active, informed, and engaged individuals working to ensure their communities can swim, drink, and fish forever.
Reporting the the Operations Manager, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Providing administrative support, including scheduling assistance, to core staff
- Assisting with database management, filing and recordkeeping
- Handling telephone and email inquiries from the public
- Assisting with donor correspondence
- Maintaining the office space
- Keeping track of office supplies and inventory
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven organizational skills
- Experience working in an office environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A passion for protecting our waterways and interest in working in a Non Profit environment
- A team player, with a positive attitude who is cooperative, and helpful
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information
Familiarity with Salesforce and/or similar databases, Google Apps and Mac OS would be assets
How to Apply
Email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Administrative Assistant - Your Name”:
- A brief letter that describes why you would make a great addition to the SDF team (Note: We are passionate about swimmable, drinkable, fishable water and our platforms are critical to our mission; this letter is the best place to show us that you’ll be a great member of our close-knit team.)
- Your resumé with relevant work experience.
Sorry, but we can only respond to those candidates selected for an interview.
Swim Drink Fish Canada is a growing charity working for a swimmable, drinkable, fishable future. Our programs bring together law, science, culture, and digital media in order to connect and empower people to restore polluted places, protect human health, and promote thriving natural spaces.
Swim Drink Fish Canada is committed to having a skilled, diversified workforce reflective of the Toronto community, and to the equitable representation of women, aboriginal peoples, and members of a visible minority group.